Tuesday, November 13, 2007

THE SCOOP ON POOP!

OK It's paying off!


We've been doing Diaper Free/ Elimination Communication since Calliope was 2 weeks old. So in the early days, it meant taking her to the bathroom and gently holding her over the bathtub or sink when I think she had to void. Then it transitioned to holding her over the Toilet, and then to sitting on the toilet. We have been consistently going poo on the toilet for months, At least 6. Obviously with the occasional illness or traveling getting in the way of our routine, but I would say more on the toilet than off. Well this past week, Calliope has been telling me that there is a Poop on the way. We've been out in public, at Nana's and at home. When we are home, she just says Poo poo and she pushes me out of the way to get to the bathroom! What amazes me is that she recognizes the feeling and I no longer have to watch for the signals. It`s taken us a long time to master, but I will say with no fuss, frustration, or resistance to the toilet. Calliope has come to realize that this normal day to day life. I am so proud of her, and myself, to tell you the truth. This was all an experiment to see if we could do it... I feel like we have succeeded!



I`m not sure when a babe is 'classified' toilet trained...



is it when they don`t wear a diaper at all?



is it when they wear diapers at just night?



is it when they go a majority of the time on the toilet?



who knows.. but we are definitely on our way there!

Visiting Granville Island for a nice morning muffin

A young Make up Artist at work on Pierre

No comments: