Friday, August 14, 2009

Crafty Crafty Me

I I find it so easy to be inspired to make stuff for little girls. It so hard to find things to do for boys. Sorry, it's so hard to find COOL things to do for little boys. So I found this great fabric with Koi fish on it..that I thought I could make something for Yannis. Steve thinks it's very skateboarder like, I'm not sure if that was a compliment or not.
My friend had a baby this spring and her name starts with a V. I love doing the initials of kids names... it's so easy and very simplistic. Calliope helps me paint the brown. I really should make one of these for my own kids. I also sewed a little head scarf to match a baby blanket for her. I love making the blankets, one side Minky and the other a fabric that I think will match the new addition. The fabric is more for Momma to be trendy. In this case I bought fabric before baby was born, and once I met her I thought "that fabric does not match the baby!" So this was the new choice of fabric.

I've made quite a few blankets for new ones, the size is perfect for the stroller or carseat. Calliope still uses hers in the car. My Niece has a Siamese cat at home, that's what inspired her Birthday shirt and matching head scarf.






Some inspiration....
I found these fabrics a few weeks ago, I think I have found the perfect outfit for Yannis. Now i've just gotta wait for the fabric to go on sale :)
The fabric store is a terrible place for me. I could say I'd only be 1/2 an hour just to quickly pick something up.... but that would be lying! I could look at fabric for hours, dream about all the time I could have to make projects and then realize that I'm nuts... I couldn't possibly have THAT much time to create. I know there will come a day where I will have more time to put my crafting skills to work.

I almost forgot! In the spring I made a shrug for a child. My friend was doing a fund raiser and this was part of her auction. It was simple easy (with lots of help from my Mommy) haha
The button was even handmade out of wood by a friend of mine.
Here is me wearing the same shrug

Just as I wish I could post on here more often, I wish I could craft more often. So as time allows I hope to post more of my creations in the future.

No comments: